New and renovated building market
Bluebat 2013 is aiming for high performance from all standpoints
The low-energy building sector is on the move!
Environmental issues must be addressed by all building trade professionals. And with some 400 000 dwellings to be renovated each year coupled with a 28.3% rise in planning applications in 2011 in Rhône-Alpes alone, their can be no doubt that sustainable building has a rosy future…
Building renovation, the challenge of the decade
In the current economic crisis, which has led to fewer construction grants, the building renovation market has everything to gain, especially as 80% of dwellings in France are classed in category D to F according to energy performance assessment criteria.
One of the priorities for companies working in the sector is to obtain the appropriate training in order to meet the needs of energy renovation projects.
BLUEBAT PRODUCT RANGE
Meeting the challenge of environmental performance
Energy performance must always be linked with environmental performance, an aspect that involves an overall analysis of a building: from its initial construction through to its final demolition, including internal quality of life (convenience and visual comfort), all necessary measures must be taken to reduce the environmental impact and minimise the use of raw materials.
The RT 2012 energy performance regulations focus on overall building performance based on very precise requirements in terms of resources to be used :
- General use of renewable energy in private homes.
- Treatment of thermal bridges.
- Treatment of air-tightness by setting up a compulsory test in the collective housing sector.
The RT 2012 regulations also impose project implementation requirements:
- Certificate to be included with the application for planning permission, confirming that the Owner has made allowance for RT 2012.
- Certificate of compliance with RT 2012 and audit by an accredited professional (technical inspector, assessor, certifying body or architect) on completion of works.
BLUEBAT PRODUCT RANGE
- Structure, constructive system and treatment of thermal bridges
- Internal and external thermal insulation and finishings
- Joinery, shading systems, ‘‘smart’’ facades
- Thermal audits
- Services: design office, software, project management, brokering
- Professional equipment for achieving quality
The quality of life in a building is also judged by its accessibility.
Recent legal provisions require that buildings open to the pubic must be accessible to all disabled people as from 1st January 2015.
These provisions also apply to collective housing and private homes, especially in view of the fact that the progressive ageing of the population will lead to new requirements.